Saturday 2 February 2013

At Last...!

Oh my dears, I'm still such an infrequent visitor to my blog but I may start again on a regular basis now as...
... I have retired!
Well, it's a retiredundancy, really as I'm not (quite) old enough to retire officially but have had my voluntary redundancy approved and I left the building on Wednesday.  Now I just have to get myself into a new mindset, and being a Bear of Very Little Brain this might take a while.
copyright AAMilne!
 I love looking at other people's blogs but don't always comment.  Do know that I enjoy reading about your exploits, makes and inspirations, however.  Here are a couple of my recent bits:
 The Blankie of Endlessness has finally come to a halt! 
Now for the sewing up, and by lucky happenstance I have just been on a wonderful day's workshop with the lovely Sara Thornett from Rowan on "Finishing Techniques"  How can I have been knitting for forty years and never knew how to sew up a garment properly???

Also, delving into my new-ish book, Zakka Style, I have made a cosy home for my baguettes.
 Happily I will be spending more time with The Girl Genius and Miss Peach Pudding.  TGG and I had fun yesterday making Chinese New Year crafts including paper dragons, a huge cardboard box dragon (which she walked down the street wearing, even though it didn't have a face or tail - in other words, just a painted cardboard box with holes in!) and lanterns.  From the photo it would seem she has the wrong idea about "eating Chinese"...
Much love and, hopefully, more blogging! xxx

3 comments:

  1. I love the bread basket, and the colours in the blanket are so punchy, i love them!
    Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy craftretirement, hope you have lots of time to enjoy, I read blogs, but dont always comment and find it hard to keep on top of my own blog, due to lots of craft fairs and making things!x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blankie squares especially the flowers!
    Congratulations on your retiredundancy...looking forward to hearing all about it though lots of people I know are more busy when retired!!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete